We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety, your children’s safety and our staff’s safety. As we say on our motto: “Exceptional Care for your Children” is our goal.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our office and you may have seen this during your previous visits. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you might be offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. Waiting in the car is also an option you may chose before your appointment (please call us to let us know that you’re outside).
We look forward to seeing you again and your children are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call (509) 966-4433 or visit our Facebook Page. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming everyone back.
Carlos Dorantes DDS, MS.